First three days in Istanbul!


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Marmara » Istanbul » Batiatashir
June 12th 2013
Published: June 12th 2013
Edit Blog Post

It is raining this morning! Bummer. But it does give me a change to start out travel blog and get some photos posted. The plane over, while long, was uneventful. Once at the airport in Amsterdam, Liz could going say, "I can't believe we are finally here."

So far, not much on the tourism side as we hleped Keely pack up and say goodbye to her friends. Liz and I met many of them and her flat mates fixed us dinner on our first day here.

Of course the big news here are the protest against the government and staying less than 1/2 mile from the center of it all we have felt the affects of the tear gas blowing our way. That is the only direct affect on us and I am sure we are safe here.

The locals here are very friendly and eager to please when we go out to eat. Yesterday was our first full day of just being tourish. Which means we did a lot of walking and shopping. Got to a couple of historic sites too. Last night we took a boat ride on the Bosphorus.

Today we hope to get to the Blue Mosque and the Hagia Sophia but the rain is coming down pretty study now.

Sorry, no photos yet. Need to learn how get them on my pad. More to come!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0627s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb