Travel Day Home


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Aegean » Selçuk
April 30th 2014
Published: April 30th 2014
Edit Blog Post

We say goodbye to all our new friends at Selcuk. We enjoyed one last lovely breakfast in the Kalehan Hotel Dining room. What a lovely stay we have had! Such a nice, well managed family run Hotel. From the friendly staff to the beautiful rose garden....the baby turtles, abundant kitties , clean , comfy, well cared for rooms.....cannot say enough...delicious meals, good wine we highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Selcuk to visit Ephesus and the other sites of interest here.

The hotel van transported us back to the airport in Iznik. We arrived in good time and settled into our Turkish Air flyte for another pleasant experience in the air.... We do enjoy flying this Airlines. No problems, catch Taxi at Ataturk airport home to our Turkish digs in Istanbul. Great trip! The visit to Ephesus and surrounding areas is well worth the journey. The countryside is beautiful with lush crops of fruits, cotton, tobacco, orchards of fruit trees, rolling hills and valleys. The History of this area is overwhelming as well as the sites you can visit. A time warp of stories of the holy family, Cleopatra, St. John , St. Paul and a peek into the lifestyle of the ancients. Actually makes one feel young by comparison. Hope some of our photos will do it justice but you must be here to feel it.

We only have one week left in Istanbul.... Just when we were catching onto the language Ha! Ha! and learning to push and shove our way through the city . :-). Tomorrow is the first of May .... A holiday in Istanbul. Many people will be out and some events are expected to take place in Taksim Square. We will plan our route accordingly. Stay tuned......


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.044s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0581s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb