day 8


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Aegean » Marmaris
August 31st 2009
Published: August 31st 2009
Edit Blog Post

omg im soooo tired tonight this is the 1st chance ive had to get todays entry in, today being techinically yesterday. im still working, got nother 25mins left and im dead on my feet...good job im sat down lol. little one ended up waking up before i finsihed work this monring at 4am so ended up with her til 6am when hubby woke and sent me packing to bed as had to be up at 8am as my eldest spend her 1st night away from home since we been out here, she staying with a turkish family, so it will be an experince for her, told her she may not have toothpaste , or shampoo, or hot water should have seen her face, its the things us guys take for granted everyday of our lives yet even though this country is not exactly poor and certainly not third world it is these kinds of luxuries that we miss the most, yet the turks do not class these as a neccessity, for the most part we could survive, we had to at one point go 4 days without ANY water and you never realise how much you use until we dont have it. toothpaste fair enough anyone can manage a day or too but forever..can you imagine it, hence why dental issues are such a problem out here they have such sweet teeth as a country generally (just go to any desserts shop and its a sight for those who love their sugar) and it is quite common for those over 40 to have a full set of false teeth (and no nhs either)i complained myself yesterday i didnt have any conditioner left and my hair wouldnt be as nice, not even shampoo but cnditioner, we are so dependent on our material possessions, like i say for the most part compared to how we lived in uk we do lead a very basic simple life but now and then you do notice that there are still some things we find invaluable in our daily lives yet to most countries probably unheard of or a far off dream. ( i still made sure i got my conditioner today lol) so my friend arrives tomorrow from the uk...with more luxuries...cheddar cheese, galaxy choccy bars, etc since we have been ere the list has come suprisingly shorter either due to we no longer crave those items or they have become available here because of the tourism in the area rising. mind you pay the price so we find most things that are imported we buy as treats only once in a while, i think you only crave them so much to begin with because you cant have them but once you can it doesnt seem as important does it. anyways i havent had any phone calls so my baby must be ok and njoying her 1st night we're playing by ear for how long she stays, the mum offered a week, to improve her conversational turkish (she the mum speaks great english) and she has a couple of girls the same age so she should enjoy i hope so 15mins left until i can hit my bed then up again cleaning before my friend arrives and try and get some work done on my site so fingers crossed......
until next time

Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0539s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb