Tough day by the pool


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Aegean » Bodrum
May 26th 2012
Published: May 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Yay, the sun was shining today so we could do more of what we came here to do - laze around by the pool reading our books!! After sitting under an umbrella all morning we walked around to the Aqua Pool Snack Bar for pizzas for lunch.

As we wandered back to the main swimming pool we picked up slushies from one of the other bars. Back poolside, we sheltered under the umbrella until it was after 3.00pm. We were nearly the only people by the pool making use of an umbrella!! With the sun past its most dangerous midday strength we actually sunbathed for a bit. Hot from the sun we finally ventured into the pool this afternoon. We had to make use of it at least once while we are here.

After our dip we baked our other sides a bit before retreating back into the shade of the umbrella. Even though we tried our best not to get too much sun, both of us ended up a little bit pink. At least we were only prawn pink rather than lobster red like the Europeans who sat in the sun all day long!!

For dinner tonight we slummed it in the main dining room before retiring to the Panorama Bar to play cards to the accompaniment of the Eurovision Song Contest in the background!! Some guests actually requested that the television in the bar be tuned in to this annual homage to bad hair, bad costumes, bad backing dancers and fair to average vocalists singing mediocre songs. Go the Russian Grannies!! Despite the assault on our ears, which was almost as bad as pan pipe muzak, I won at Jo and Kath won Blobs.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0633s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb