heading towards the Yemen Boarder


Advertisement
Oman's flag
Middle East » Oman » Muscat
April 26th 2008
Published: April 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So have almost been at sea a week, completed a number of trawls , a huge range of exciting marine life to sample and sort, as we get closer to the Yemem boarder, more and more unlit fishing boats appear on the radar - so far no fishing boats have thrown rocks at us or opened fire on us - the closest has been a bunch shaking there fists and screening some arabic at the top of there lungs.

The crew are all great to work with - nothings a problem, all the routines on the trawl deck , foredeck go like clockwork, which makes life so much easier, it's a little cooler at sea, a mild 29 degress most nights and on the clear days upto 38 degrees , quite cloudy today, but can see the sun setting on the horizon.

Have just started shift , so have things to tidy up and samples to process.

Channel 16 on VHF provides much entertainment - unlike NZ it's a public channel , a character who goes by the name of indian monkey comes on late at night and provides some rather amusing conversation and abuse to all who are listening.

No trainees from the Institute made it onboard, so we only have an observer and Dawood one of our Oman employees.

Until next time - get back into it.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0422s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb