Last day in Lebanon


Advertisement
Lebanon's flag
Middle East » Lebanon » Beirut
September 10th 2012
Published: October 2nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

10 September



Our last evening Beirut was very low key. After our adventure to the ABC mall, we went back to the hotel as Bill had really come down with whatever bug I had. I went to dinner to le Chef (a ho hum experience – the hommus and wine was good. Can’t vouch for the half cold bland kibbe smothered in white sauce!) The next day, after breakfast (and with Bill feeling better) we set out for our last half day in Beirut. We visited the Mohammed Al-Amin mosque, where assassinated prime minister Rafic Hariri is buried. Yaye, so happy we visited it was so beautiful. No matter how many mosques I visit, I am still in awe of the large domes, gorgeous chandeliers and the intricate artwork. Once the call to prayer was called, we took that as our que to leave and then we walked through downtown Beirut. It looks like any French town walking through the cobblestoned streets amongst French colonial buildings overlooked by wrought-iron balconies. After lunch at our usual hangout, Paul, we went to the hotel and met with the taxi driver that Mansour arranged for us to take us to the airport. Our MEA flight to Athens was smooth.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.162s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0731s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb