Kuwait


Advertisement
Kuwait's flag
Middle East » Kuwait » Al Kuwait
May 18th 2009
Published: May 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

It was good to see Rowena and met the son-in-law and the parents in law. Yesterday we went shopping - Rowena wanted/needed a pair of sneakers - her feet are expanding. The mall is like any other one - except there are men and women in Arb dress. It was Sunday equilviant to monday in the western world and the Mall was very quite. We bought the shoes and had a coffee at numerous Starbucks outlet. I have to say there is not much to look at here as Rowena describes it - lots of sand colored building a few tree (all of which are in row due to irrigation) and lots of sand. We had a late lunch at the Seven Seas resturant which is leboneses Resturant. It was fabulous - the courses kept coming and coming - cold and then hot apitisesers followed by fish course then main dishes and then sweets followed by fruits. It was absoluted deliciuos all of it. We order a birthday cake for Rowena and we all sang happy birthday. A very memorable lunch. What added to the ambiance for me, was it over looked the water. Afterwards Rami Rowena and I sat outside just getting some fresh air - it is too hot to walk any distance. We drove around in the car and saw a bit of Kuwait. the towers that were bombed in the gulf war, the old water collection towers and some building down town. I have seen one or two mosques and heard the call to pray.

Rowena had a doctors appointment and four of us went to it - Rowena, Rami GiGi (rowena's mother in law) and myself. The hospital was state of the art - and very clean. It was confirmed that she is having a boy. We went home and sat about chatting for the rest of the evening.

Today we have had a lazy day before going to Applebees for lunch and Rami's Dad joined us there. Tomorrow night I am catching the flight to London and back toBermuda Wednesday night. Looking forward to getting home, but will be sad to say good bye to Rowena and Rami.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0394s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb