Wooooohooooo...........


Advertisement
Kuwait's flag
Middle East » Kuwait » Al Kuwait
December 21st 2007
Published: December 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Bahrain to Kuwait

Just a quick one showing our area of operations. We travel to Dubai all the time, then drive down to Fujairah. Fuj doesn't seem to be on this scale map though.

Hey again all.
Well. Just got back from a few days up North. Kuwait city is a very interesting place. We didn't visit there at all when I was coming into the region a few months ago (has it been that long already?) so this chance to see it was jumped at. We had a port visit planned with our unit coming in for a few hours for maintainance.
We flew in and headed straight for the hotel. Crowne Plaza. Very nice. 4 star or something ridiculus like that. Meh. All in a days work hehehehe. We were supposed to have that afternoon and the next day working before the ship was arriving the day after. That afternoon however it never showed. We had issues getting the diplomatic clearance through the local authorities. At the moment it's a big religious holiday over here. There was no-one at work. We ended up having one meeting with local contractors and we went out to look at the wharf. Other than that, it was a very quiet trip. Three trips to the gym (and a decent one at that) and some good food later and I was back on the plane to come home.
Not quite as productive as we would have liked but meh. What do you do.
I am back in Bahrain back into the grind now. We are looking forward to Xmas now. Then afterwards, we head to Dubai for New Years. Our unit is pulling in there for a portvisit over NYE. We will be working. I will be running shore patrol over New Years So no party for me. But I will be spending a week and a half at a very nice hotel in Dubai so I suppose I can't complain. And to be honest, with none of my mates over here, I don't mind pulling the patrol. The guys off of the boat need a night out too.
Well I gotta go. Not much to write about this time but then, there hasn't been too much happening. After Dubai there will be a big update with some pics from xmas.
Have a great holiday all. Merry Christmas and Happy New Years.
See you all in 2008

Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0728s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb