Aqaba and Taba Bay, Jordan


Advertisement
Jordan's flag
Middle East » Jordan » South » Aqaba
August 16th 2010
Published: April 13th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Aqaba and Taba Bay:

Aqaba has an astouding location: minutes to Saudi in one direction and very close to Egypt and Eilat in Israel. However, it is also a bit like seaside towns everywhere...lots of restaurants, shops selling diving gear and tourist tat and a few 'luxury ' hotels...

Not being divers (so no amazing fish and coral photos...)and by this time, just wanting to lie flat on our backs on the sand, we didn't do very much except laze around, swim and eat....but relaxation at last: no deserts to traverse, no shaking out of shoes in the morning, hoping to dislodge lurking scorpions...just a luxurious ( comparitively, anyhow) hotel and the sea and sand....the only exciting event was Rob coming face-to-face with a giant manta ray (although Rob in full snorkelling gear is a fairly scary site, so I'm not sure which of them was most terrified...)


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

Hotel, AqabaHotel, Aqaba
Hotel, Aqaba

Love the hills behind - exactly like Muscat!
Taba Bay detailTaba Bay detail
Taba Bay detail

but wouldn't it look great in London!
Red SeaRed Sea
Red Sea

well, these fish were not very glam and I saw far better and much bigger ones, but never when I had time to get out the camera....
Probably the best Mojito in the Mid East!Probably the best Mojito in the Mid East!
Probably the best Mojito in the Mid East!

(You only know that's important if you know me!)


Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 17; qc: 85; dbt: 0.0866s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb