Mini, Old and CRAZY!!


Advertisement
Israel's flag
Middle East » Israel » South District » Be'er Sheva
June 27th 2011
Published: June 27th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Last week we went to mini Israel. It is basically what it sounds like - a miniature version of Israel. You could find most of the basic landmarks such as the skyscrapers in Tel Aviv to the underwater observatory in Eliat. In fact, it was altogether like walking through a giant 3d map of Israel.

The day after that we went to see the oldest arched city gate in the world. It belonged to the city of Ashkeon which means shekel (Israeli money). It was a very rich city in it's time and it was really cool to see it. The arch was almost in perfect condition which really gave one a feeling of what it must have been like to live back then. The city was very close to a wonderful beach were we spent the day so altogether it must have been a beautiful and fantastic place to see in full bloom! It was about 3,000 to 4,000 years old and built by the Canaanites.

Well, we did something crazy a few days ago. At 10:00 at night we drove down to Eliat and arrived at the border crossing between Israel and Egypt. It was there at 2:00 in the morning we climbed on a bus which held only us and drove through the Sinai for 6 hours and finally arrived in Cairo.
There we went to the Egyptian museum. This was my favorite part. There were many statues made by the Egyptians. When I first got there, I thought they were just replicas...but they were the real thing! My favorite statue was made by this pharaoh guy that no one in my family can remember the name of. At the Egyptian museum, we also saw King Tut's legendary mask. We also saw King Tut's underwear...wait did I just write that? Well, it's true! Um...on another note, we also went to see the Pyramids and Sphinx. We even got to go inside a Pyramid! The ceiling was a bit low though. The Sphinx was breathtaking and even the pictures do not do it credit.




Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

GizaGiza
Giza

With our driver
GizaGiza
Giza

First glimps of the pyramids
Mini IsraelMini Israel
Mini Israel

A lizard attacks Masada!
Mini IsraelMini Israel
Mini Israel

Amazing detail in these models.
Mini IsraelMini Israel
Mini Israel

Caesaria, where we will be going for real, next week
Church of the VisitationChurch of the Visitation
Church of the Visitation

Outside Jerusalem
AshkalonAshkalon
Ashkalon

The Ancient Cannanite gate
SuezSuez
Suez

A ship going over the canal


28th June 2011

Egypt Trip
Since we have been in Greece for four days, we have seen lots of statues with missing pieces, too. When I was in Egypt, I had not heard the story of why they think the Sphinx's nose was missing. Interesting. In Greece it is often because the statue bodies were made independently of the heads which were added later. I guess you didn't go for another camel ride at the pyramids. I remember that the drivers wouldn't let us off until we would give them more money. How much longer will you be in Israel? It seems you should be heading home soon. I hope to be able to see you when you visit your grandparents. By the way, there were some very good pictures in this blog.

Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0531s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb