The Semester Begins


Advertisement
Israel's flag
Middle East » Israel » Haifa District » Haifa
September 21st 2005
Published: September 21st 2005
Edit Blog Post

Dorm RoomDorm RoomDorm Room

Here's my half of the dorm room. It's not much, but I'm making it my own.
Hello all!
After all of our orientations, tours, and introductions, the semester officially began Sunday. I have registered for Hebrew, Modern Standard Arabic, Rabbinic Literature, and Contemporary Israeli History and Society. I have the option to change my schedule around during the next week, but after going through almost a week of classes, I find myself very satisfied and excited.
My Hebrew class is intense and very challenging. It meets eight hours per week, but the teacher seems great.
Rabbinic Literature is dynamic and has an extra two hour lab section in addition to the regular course in which we work through texts in pairs.
Contemporary Israeli History and Society starts off as being not so contemporary at all and we went over two thousand years back into history during the first class. The teacher is very animated, and I am confident he will be able to keep us all engaged.
I am yet to have my first Arabic course, but I can't wait to delve into another language and culture!
I am really settling into a routine now that classes have started. The dorm room feels like my home and I look forward to making dinner with my roommates each
Dorm RoomDorm RoomDorm Room

Here's my desk. Based on my first few classes, I think I'm going to be spending a good amount of time working at it.
night. I'm getting to be quite a creative cook!
This weekend I am traveling with the entire overseas department to visit Tzfat and then to camp and hike in the Golan. It should be a fun weekend!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Dorm RoomDorm Room
Dorm Room

Here's our little kitchen. It's the home to some mighty tasty meals.
NightNight
Night

This is the view at night out or dorm window. It's even prettier during the day!
CafeinCafein
Cafein

The little coffee shop nearby has become a common place for a sweet treat.


21st September 2005

Hey Mari, Your mom sent the blog site... it is so cool to see your pictures! The Golan pics took my breath away. Enjoy, learn lots of great stuff, I look forward to sharing your journal. Stay safe. Marcey

Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0285s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb