Published: April 20th 2012April 20th 2012
Though the entire island is picturesque and beautiful, as a tourist there may be a few more things that you look for when you select a villa in Kefalonia.
Some great destinations:
* Lassi: A happening beach resort close to Argostoli, the capital of Kefalonia, with plenty of shops, tavernas, restaurants, supermarkets. Located close to Kefalonia airport, it has some of the best beaches on the island. Delicious local cuisine and plenty of entertainment for families. A villa close to this location is great for a family holiday with children and teens.
* Fiskardo: Located in the northern part of Kefalonia, Fiskardo is famous for its Venetian ambiance, stunning scenery and rugged hillsides. Superb harbor, museum and authentic fishing village add to the charm. A villa here provides a quiet holiday, not much night-life, but full of local atmosphere, with boat trips from the harbor to nearby locations.
* Lourdas: Again located close to Argostoli, this is one of the hottest tourist destinations in Kefalonia. The beaches here are part shingle and part sand, some crowded and some secluded, and a villa here is relatively more expensive. Easy access to supermarkets, car and bike hires, delicious seafood and local cuisine. Great for family holidays, though car-hire is essential if you have seniors or children.
* Lixouri: The second largest city on the island, Lixouri is quieter than Argostoli and great for a quiet relaxing holiday. The town can be accessed by road or by ferry-crossing. Villas located close to the central square in the town are within walking distance of the promenade, cafes and tavernas.
* Skala: Busy, yet laid-back enough for peace and quiet, a long, sandy Blue Flag beach offering water-sports facilities, restaurants and bars. The main street has gift-shops, bars and restaurants situated just off it, making it easier for those with restricted mobility to get about easily. For history buffs, there is a great collection of Roman mosaics. A villa here is great for couples, tourists of all ages.
* Assos: For absolute peace and relaxation. A tiny, romantic location with a small town-square few tavernas and quiet harbor, charming old houses. A villa here would be ideal for a tranquil holiday far from touristy crowds, for sampling local wines and cuisine. Not suitable for children or youngsters.
* Sami: A busy port and harbor, with tavernas serving the catch of the day. Close to the famous Drogarati Caves and underground Melissani Lake. Great for day-trips to other parts of Kefalonia. Villa rentals here are ideal for families and also singles/couples.
Based on your Luxury Villa Holidays
needs and budget, go ahead and pick the perfect villa destination for the perfect holiday in Kefalonia.
If you are planning to have a Luxury Villa Holidays filled with lots of fun and adventure. Browse through the stunning pictures & find your perfect Villas For Rent
. Discover Menorca Villas holidays with exclusive & luxurious Villas.
Also read my article at Nasir Daquan Articles
and my bookmarks at Nasir Daquan Bookmarking