Shiraz to Dubai


Advertisement
Iran's flag
Middle East » Iran » South » Shiraz
June 13th 2006
Published: June 15th 2006
Edit Blog Post

DubaiDubaiDubai

The sign in my hotel lobby
Hamid had offered to take me with him on a trip to Bushehr on the Red Sea coast but he slipped in the showerand injured his back, so instead I went and bought a new pair of pants and a couple of T-shirts, visited a traditional restaurant, the bazaar, a museum and a mosque. I moved from the apartment to a smaller cheaper hotel that evening and settled in to watch the world cup soccer matches with the guys in the hotel.

Over the next few days I checked out the local restaurants found all the goodies at the bazaar I wished to buy and basically took it easy and got my ticket refunded. On the 11th it was time to pack up my bags and my new purchases and head to the airport, say farewell to my friends and head to Dubai. The flight was uneventful and my hotel picked me up from the airport.

Dubai was stinking hot at 45 degrees so I wasnt keen to wander around too much but I did have to go get some cash, food etc. I bought a few T-shirts and a cap as well, Dubai is the only place in
ShirazShirazShiraz

Shrine of the 6th Imam
the region where this kind of stuff is easy to find.

The next morning I was taken back to the airport where I went duty free crazy, spending about $800 or so. Before making a trip to McDonalds and then onto the plane for the long flight home. The flight arrived in Melbourne at 5.45am, I then butted heads with customs who always give me a hard time about something, and try and make me miss my connecting flights to Adelaide.

In conclusion it was a fantastic two months and I am eager to return to Iran in the future, the other countries I probably wouldnt visit again except perhaps Oman.

Thanks to those who read the journal and for staying in touch with me, I enjoy your comments and having people to converse with when I had the time.

Until next time, farewell.

Ps. I will be adding more photos to the gallery over the next week.






Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

ShirazShiraz
Shiraz

Nasir Ol Molk Mosque
ShirazShiraz
Shiraz

Nasir Ol Molk Mosque
ShirazShiraz
Shiraz

Bagh e Naranjestan
ShirazShiraz
Shiraz

Bagh e Naranjestan
ShirazShiraz
Shiraz

Bagh e Naranjestan
ShirazShiraz
Shiraz

Bagh e Naranjestan


20th June 2006

Welcome Back
Good to see you made it through and climatised yourself for the return to Australia by dining at that fine establishment McDonalds. Do I get fries with my gift?

Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 36; dbt: 0.0457s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb