Slovenia :(


Advertisement
Europe
August 21st 2012
Published: August 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

We have very divided opinions about this place, but we both agree that our time spent in Ljubljana was borderline horrific.

Harriet - Ljubljana could be quite a nice place. Not great, not even good really, just nice. If you're old and like to drink tea and sit around, you'd like this place. If you like doing actual things, don't ever, ever go to Ljubljana.

We ended up running out of things to do in a capital city within about an hour and a half. We went to see the castle but it was bullshit, though we agreed that the "pentaganol tower" was aptly named. There was some child art on display.

After we ran out of things to do, we sat on the grass outside the castle for about 2 hours, then spent ages looking for a shop. We eventually found an aldi, where we had to scrape money together just to buy some food and wine. Matt hit some kind of emotional low point here, but I'm sure he'll go into detail later. The only thing to save him was the strong sexy stud cards from Amsterdam, which we played on the grass outside the hostel.

The hostel, by the way, was some kind of abandoned boarding school. It was like some ghost child was going to spit on us in the night. I kept Clara very close.

Anyway, we were full of relief when we boarded the night train to Serbia, though Matt probably more so than me.

In conclusion, Ljubljana isn't a bad place, it's just really, really, really, really, soul-crushingly boring

Matt - Suicide. Suicide seemed like a valid option. At first the place seemed alright when we were walking along the river with locals playing dodgy music. Alright, but certainly not good in any way. In comparison to the places we've just been, there wasn't any kind of stand out feature that I would remember. It was just average. Then we went to see the castle, which consisted of a some pieces of stone rotating on a platform and an accurately named pentagonal tower. There were signs pointing us to other places, but they were mainly 3 metre long stone hallways with things on the other side that were impossible to reach. We finished the both enthralling and rivetting castle tour by about 12, and our nighttrain was at 9:15. After reaching the point of starvation we found a lidls, which crushed my entire being as I had to scrounge for my last few cents so i could buy food, i could have bought more but i needed wine to cope. Just like a hobo. We then had to play card games with the strong sexy stud cards for a good few hours to stop us from killing ourselves. Thank god for the erotic museum souvenier shop.
In summary, only go to this place if you would enjoy staying in an abandoned and haunted primary school or you just cant make up your mind if you want to kill yourself.

Advertisement



21st August 2012

hah!
Not sure if I want to be on placement or slovenia? Slovenia seems like a good option for me at the moment... Where are you going next babes? I could picture Matt in a pissy when you guys argued and I did lol! Hope you guys had SUCH a nice day, like SUCH a nice one

Tot: 0.249s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0398s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb