Capri here we come


Advertisement
Europe
August 31st 2011
Published: August 31st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Spent the whole day today on the beautiful island of Capri.

We walked from 'Marina Grande' to the town of Capri, then caught a bus (PACKED like sardines and am sure the driver thought he was racing in the Grand Prix) to Anacapri. Both towns are interesting - Anacapri is 'Noosa-like' and very 'today' but Capri feels as if you have stepped back in time to the late 60's ... both are heavily geared for the tourist (prices are double to those on the mainland).

We caught the seggiovia (chair lift) up from Piazza Vittoria to the summit of Mt Solaro, Capri's highest point. The view from the summit was breathtaking. On returning from the summit we went to 'scala fenicia' to enjoy the panaromic view from this point.

Later we caught a bus back to Capri where we walked to 'Arco Naturale', a huge rock arch formed by the pounding sea and wind- we think this is a lie, as no way can the sea reach
the height of this rock.

Returned to the Marina Grande, where we spent the rest of the day lazing in the sun and swimming in the warm waters of the Mediteranean Sea.

Capri is an exciting and buzzy place but somehow it lacks the personality and charm of the smaller towns of the amalfitan coast ...




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



31st August 2011

I agree! I found Capri lacking any character compared to the quaint piazzas of Amalfi.

Tot: 0.257s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0599s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb