UK - London & Edinbrough


Advertisement
Europe
June 21st 2011
Published: June 27th 2011
Edit Blog Post

London, England and Edinbrough, Scotland-Off to meet JD in London after his 3 week tour of Europe and before his month of Spanish in Madrid.
London: We flew "first" to London and met JD at Hotel Sofitel early on the 19th. That was Father's Day. We walked around through Picadilly and Carnaby square and had fish & chips at a pub for Father's Day. We spent Monday aclimating and shopping at Harrod's with "french widow" champagne, followed by Indian food. On Tuesday, we took the "Hogwart's Exress" to Edinbrough. The train ride was quite enjoyable with great countryside and free wi-fi.
Edinbrough: It was much cooler and raining when we arrived. We stayed at a suite at the George Hotel. Visited the Hard Rock Cafe across the street and we walked the city and admired the old architecture. We toured around, saw the castle, Blackfriar's Bobby, the castle mile, etc. the next day - not raining. We had a personal driver and a car the next two days. Gary, our driver, also works security for dignataries traveling in foreign countries (not the UK). So he was very interesting. He took us to the little town where he spent summer's as a boy - a fishing village. We also took the "grouse" whiskey tour - a quaint whiskey distillery in the area. We also had Spanish & Italian food and wine in Scotland. Then we went to the highlands the next day and saw Loch Lohmen as well as mountains and Stirling Caste. We had more fish and chips at one of the villages near the water. The next day Bob headed back and we headed for Spain.



Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.209s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0423s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb