Venice day 2


Advertisement
Europe
June 2nd 2011
Published: June 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Spent our second day in Venice today after watching The Tourist last night (for those who don't know, it's filmed in Paris and Venice). We continued exploring, getting not as lost as yesterday but certainly just wandering about without a clue as to the direction in which we were heading...

Our goal today was to head to Murano to see the glass blowing and hand crafted glass pieces. We arrived there in the early afternoon and really just enjoyed ourselves walking through the many stores and galleries. By accident, we even went into an area full of glass works meant for rich people... Up a stairwell and we entered a room of outstanding pieces, both from an artistic perspective as well as price. Most pieces had tags on them for around 15000 euros, with some listed at 75000 and others that didn't even have a tag (if you must ask you obviously can't afford). Just as we were reaching the end, a man came up to us and told us that we need to head downstairs... As soon as we reached the bottom of the stairwell, he closed the "gate" behind us. He was very nice, but getting us out of a room with millions of dollars in glass out in the open was probably a good idea in any case...

We kept wandering around Murano for a couple of hours. Amy bought a nice pendant and we had a nice but small lunch outside. After lunch we took the water bus back to the main area of Venice, where we wandered for a few more hours before returning to the hotel.

Tomorrow we bid adieu to Venice as we head to Florence. We're hoping to get into the main museums, though they can sell out a month or so in advance! Keep your fingers crossed for us! Here's also hoping we can find some reliable wifi or a cell data plan so that we can be online a little more often as well.

Ciao


Advertisement



Tot: 0.237s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb