Day 40: Florence To Siena


Advertisement
Europe
April 13th 2011
Published: April 16th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Deciding to head first for the Chianti region known for its wine growing we had also hoped to pass some of the lovely Tuscan hills the area in so famous for. We found the Chianti area very easily and spent some time driving through there arriving in a little town called Radda, a cute village with some very nice old buildings and streets. Leaving this town the landscape changed dramatically with no lovely hills or vineyards just old scrubby hills and not a lot else, where are the lovely Tuscan hills we had seen in the photos and on TV, well not in this area anyway. Driving a little further towards Lake Trasimeno we thought was the right way but alas not a hill to be seen. As it was getting a little late we headed for Siena for the evening and got ripped of even more than Florence at the campground, we could not find a free spot to camp and to be honest are a little disappointed in the lack of good free spots to overnight, plenty of car parks, but river banks or lakes are few and far between, those that are around have no access. Free camping in Italy compared to France so far is no contest, France wins hands down.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.298s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 67; dbt: 0.0958s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb