Norway and Denmark, a world apart


Advertisement
Europe
October 16th 2008
Published: October 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hey there.. wanna have a bite?Hey there.. wanna have a bite?Hey there.. wanna have a bite?

Fra: http://www.filmweb.no
The first leg of the epic european movie trail is over. We got past a total of four movies, which in the end got us through a trio of so and so quality norwegian movies and a danish treat in the end.

Tempo (Norway 2004, 10 mins)
A short film dealing with the hassle of everyday family life and work. Thank god it was all over in ten minutes. Maybe all norwegian movies should be short films?

Fifty Fifty (Norway 1980, 87 mins)
Not a short film this one, but my god, ten minutes of "fifty, fifty" and you feel like the only right thing to do is to follow the character who drowns in the first scene - and kindly ask the script writer to end your part right there, at the very bottom of a cold, dark place, far away from the director and producer of "fifty fifty".

Salto, Salmiakk og kaffe (Norway 2004, 106 mins)
Is this as close norwegian film production will ever get to the likes of "Crash"? If it is, I'm not shocked. Not entirely 100 % crap though. A few laughs here and there, some characters with more than one dimension. A bye bye to norwegian film as good as it get's - almost.

Vikaren (Denmark 2007, 93 mins)
Danish. Good one. Finally we're out of the norwegian movie terror and the journey through the european movie landscape kicks off for real. "Vikaren" has all the right ingridients of a danish one; warmth, humour, a bit of a scare and more. A small step for danish movies, but a far leap from the norwegian shores.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.277s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0471s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb