South of France mk2


Advertisement
Europe
August 17th 2008
Published: August 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The Gorge de VerdonThe Gorge de VerdonThe Gorge de Verdon

Taken from the road........scary!!
We decided on Millau and we got here on Friday afternoon. The site is at the start of the Gorge de Tarn and is not great but is right next to another river surrounded by more beautiful mountains. The first evening we sat by the river and watched otters (or beavers.....we're not sure!!) swimming in the river. WOW!!

Unfortunately you'll all be glad to know that the weather has changed and it is now similar to Cornwall. It feels like winter after Italy! Still having fun though. Manged to cycle up the gorge and back again yesterday (about 24 miles) which is very good for Ben! Today we borrowed a double canoe to add to ours and paddled it. It was about 20km and took us 5 hours. Everybody got a dunking and it was really hard work towards the end but worth it. Suze and Ben were in the double to start with and were introduced to the river by having to slide down a weir which was funny. Jake folowed them and immediately capsized! Not a good start. Suze started to get used to how to steer the canoe until a photographer appeared on the bank and then they were straight over too. By the end of the river, I was towing our other single and Suze, Ben and Jake were in the double!! Jake's sense of direction trying to steer was way off and at one stage they were stuck on a tree in the middle of the river with Suze crying with laughter.

Hoping the sun will come back tomorrow but if it doesn't we are going looking for it!!!

Take care. See you in a couple of weeks. xxxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.26s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0511s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb