Croatia


Advertisement
Europe
July 25th 2008
Published: February 8th 2011
Edit Blog Post

What a contrast. From a boat of 43 passengers and 24 crew it was straight to Venice to board a boat (ship), with 2000 passengers and who even knows how many crew. A big liner that is part if the Royal Caribbean fleet and apparently one of the smaller boats!! Our floating day spa for the next 6 days. Food everywhere...you could eat all day if you wanted....a huge swimming pool.....a day spa which which was visited almost immediately to book in for the obligatory manicure....such a girly thing to do but I am a girl after all!!....also on board a mini golf course... rock climbing wall...casino....theatre....a bar around every corner....and every morning you can wake up in yet another fabulous destination with the sun shining.

Stop number one was the city of Dubrovnik.
Stop two Kusadasi.
Stop three Santorini.....OMG am soo going back there!! Even with the huge walk up all those stairs dodging donkeys on the way!
Stop four Corfu...hmmm...goin back there too!

All beautiful..just a few too many people in each spot when you get there and have to share sightseeing with 5 other boats that also have 2000 passengers!!

Santorinin definitely a highlight...but arriving
Kusadasi Turkey2Kusadasi Turkey2Kusadasi Turkey2

No locals...lots of tourists on holiday!!
back in Venice at sunrise was really special.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Donkeys!!Donkeys!!
Donkeys!!

Ah yes, a short stroll up the hill to the town. 500-ish rather large steps and what seemed like 500-ish donkeys sharing the path leaving their 500-ish deposits on the way....eek
DiscoDisco
Disco

The back deck of our little sailboat.


Tot: 0.284s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 77; dbt: 0.066s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb