Berlin and Praha


Advertisement
Europe
May 25th 2007
Published: May 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Leaving the UKLeaving the UKLeaving the UK

Boarding the Eurostar to Brussels
Our trip is well underway now, and we are slowly starting to get into holiday mode.

Leaving the UK was quite hard, and we were both very sad to go. After 5 years living and working in london, it felt like we were leaving our home. It made for an emotional journey to Berlin.

We have had a wonderful time in Berlin. such a vibrant exciting place, there are a few nice classic buildings around, but not lots. So for us the highlights have been chilling out in parks, bars and cafes. and just soaking up the atmosphere.

Among some of the noteable sights was the Berlin Zoo, where we hoped to visit Knut, the now famous Polar Bear cub (we couldnt find the little bugger, so we had an icecream instead). Also had a great day sitting in the park, relaxing with our books. It was quite a surprise afterwards when we wandered on to the next clearing and saw hundreds of naked men sunning themselves with their 'best mates'. Glad it was the next clearing, not the one we chose to have a quiet afternoon in.

We also took a trip to Sachsenhausen, the
LionessLionessLioness

A lioness at Berlin Zoo, isn't she cute!!!
concentration camp outside Berlin, now a memorial and museum. This left us feeling shellshocked and exhausted. If we were hoping to have some answers to our questions we were mistaken, we were left more confused than ever.

On to Prague, a beautiful city with old confusing streets and loads of character. We have spent most of our time here lost, as it so easy to lose your way in the winding ancient streets. They have lovely beer, but we were wondering why we were getting so hammered. This ain't no export beer, the local stuff is 12%, and after a liter, we were well on our way.

Thats all for now, next stop Bratislava, then on to Vienna for a spot of culture and Sachertorte (Vienna's famous chocolate cake).




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

SachsenhausenSachsenhausen
Sachsenhausen

A GDR monument in Sachsenhausen concentration camp
PraguePrague
Prague

Looking at the castle across the river
Fred and Ginger BuildingFred and Ginger Building
Fred and Ginger Building

Named for the way it looks like the buildings dance together. An example of some nice modern architecture for a change
Us on Charles BridgeUs on Charles Bridge
Us on Charles Bridge

When getting someone to take a picture with your camera, always make sure they are older and slower than you, so if they make off with your camera, you can chase them down and rugby tackle them


26th May 2007

So it begun
i'm also excited as well, feeling like me on the trip with you guys :-)
29th May 2007

D40X
Good news: dpreview 'Highly Recommends' the camera - so make sure that the guys who take your pictures are really much older and slower than you! Safe journey and keep posting and taking pictures. Michael (from Frankfurt)
30th May 2007

yumm chocolate cake!!!!
make sure you have an extra large piece for us!!
31st May 2007

Happy Travelling
Really enjoying your updates and seeing your photos, like being there with you love love mum and dad

Tot: 0.295s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 80; dbt: 0.0736s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb