Rome - Day 1


Advertisement
Vatican City's flag
Europe » Vatican City
May 24th 2006
Published: May 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Me in front of the ForumMe in front of the ForumMe in front of the Forum

Paletine Hill, the Forum, and the Colosseum all in the background.
We took an overnight train last night and shared a car with 2 South Koreans and an italian. Everyone was 22, and we had some awesome conversation about what everyone thinks about the US. Also, as we have been here 9 days, 6 countries, and 4 launguages, we have realized one thing.

Europe is Under Construction.

You would think they are just building the place with everything under construction. I swear, you cannot go 5 minutes without seeing a major construction project. Not many of the great sites have been, but today some were. The Spanish Steps in Rome were being worked on, so they were not much to see.

We saw the Colloseum, the Palatine, Circus Maximus, the Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, and a bunch of the other famous sites in Old City. We are at a sweet little campground hostel in little cabins that are surprisingly nice. It is the size of a shed, but it has everything we need. We are here till Sunday, then its off to Venice. I will update when I can, but the internet in Rome is expensive, so it may wait for a few days. Keep the emails coming.
Thieves RunningThieves RunningThieves Running

Look at how scared they are, and all the people laughing

Ryan

Advertisement



25th May 2006

I envy you and wish I could see half of what you have already experienced. I was in Rome though and I DID AS THE ROMANS DID and hope you do also. Party in those caves that double as bars. Its a blast. I am off to Vegas for 10 days and would much rather be touring beside you.. I wish you health and good fortune for the rest of your wonderful trip. Cannot wait to see the pictures.
25th May 2006

construction
hmm Europe sounds like Penndot...always doing construction....
27th May 2006

Ryan sounds like your having fun stay out of trouble ttul Love Dana

Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0715s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb