UK TOUR ON QUEEN ELIZABETH


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom
July 30th 2012
Published: July 30th 2012
Edit Blog Post

UK TOUR BLOG NO 2



Monday 30th July



I am feeling very frustrated not being able to attach photos but TravelBlog seem to have made changes to their system and me being useless cannot fathom out how to get the photos into the blog.



Last night I said we were off to watch a Scottish show - well I have to say that it was excellent. A small troupe danced, we had singing and pipes, drums and accordion covering many aspects of Scottish entertainment. Really fun to watch and listen to. We then changed for dinner - smart casual jacket no tie. Off back to the theatre again to watch the evening’s entertainment which was Bruce Morrison singing Andrew Lloyd-Webber songs. He was very good and he covered a wide selection from Joseph to Phantom, Cats to Sunset Boulevard and lots in between. He was very entertaining and we both enjoyed the show. Having done a lot of walking I was rather knackered and slept really well.



Monday’s tea and coffee arrived on cue waking Nicky up in the process. We sailed into Invergordon as we showered and dressed and were tied up alongside before we went down to breakfast. Nice and leisurely before setting off for day. A long walk along the jetty and then we were in the town. It is so clean, fresh and really pretty with all of the hanging baskets and street planters all overflowing with colourful flowers. Invergordon is famous for it’s murals and they were amazing to look at. At the end of buildings were so many different murals. We walked along part of the High Street and then went into the main church where they were laying on tea and coffee for the passengers of the Queen Elizabeth. There was also an art exhibition in the meeting rooms which we enjoyed. The helpers made us so welcome and said that if we enjoyed the murals we should go to the station and look at the ones that were there. We did and they were good and as we were at the station we decided to take the train to Inverness to see a bit more of the area. Good journey and lots to see on the way. On arrival in Inverness it decided to rain quite heavily so we went into an interesting Victorian market. All sorts of interesting stalls but the best was a café where we could sit down and enjoy a light lunch and drink. After that we took a stroll to the bank and then back to the station for our return trip. Train left spot on time and we had another good run back to Invergordon. Unfortunately it decided to rain again and we did get wet walking back to the ship. It was good to get back and dry off just in time for afternoon tea! Lovely, just what we needed. Back to the room to try and get the photos onto the blog but as you can see - still no luck.

Dinner this evening was excellent as usual. Dress was different tonight which we have never known before - either formal black tie or semi formal suit and tie for the men and evening dress for the ladies.

After dinner we went to watch the show Variety Showtime with the Queen Elizabeth Theatre Company Dancers and Jacqueline Roche a virtuoso violinist. Another great show.

Back to the room to write up our blog.

One funny for the day - At breakfast a lady behind us said to her companion ‘you can have one fried egg and one rasher of bacon only because you will be eating tonight!’ How odd.

Well that’s it for now folks. We are on our way to make our maiden call to Kirkwall, Orkney Islands.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0357s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb