Day 4 - considerably warmer clothes needed!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom
July 2nd 2012
Published: July 2nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

storage dilemmastorage dilemmastorage dilemma

where to stow the essentials???
Well, H cleaning, me blogging, sounds like a good arrangement to me.

Have just arrived in Marlow, moored up and shortly going in search of thermals. Weather has not been too kind yet, but all adds to the fun/challenge (according to Captain Bass).

Thought I'd try to add a photo or two, but proving difficult. Bear with... bear with...

... an hour later - well, have you got it/them??? Not sure if it's internet access issues or my technical not-know-how. Anyway, it's a start! You'll have to be patient with this new blogger.

So, what's happened since fireworks at Henley.. no really, fireworks at Henley, not a euphemism for exciting night below deck...although actually, it was rather rough in our sleeping quarters owing to late-night revellers from hooray Henley whizzing past in their various craft. Anyway, Sunday morn arrived clear, bright, blowing a gale and rather chilly. I decided to go for a run to get warm, arrived back quite sweaty and had good wash down (too much detail?!)

Received our first visitors... one being particularly hungover. Perused the Regatta (pronounced Re-gah-tah) course - and then made our way downstream. Moored up near Hurley lock and
First visitors...First visitors...First visitors...

Spot the hungover one....
walked into the truly pretty village, where we visited The Olde Bell, watched Spain thrash Italy, and played backgammon... I won.

Advertisement



2nd July 2012

better than school
Yes the weather is awful, but at least you're having fun and have clearly got in the supplies! Love the photos and so good to read about your exploits. I'm also on Skype to Ben and Helen - so much more interesting than marking etc. Still only 3 more weeks till the hols!
2nd July 2012

Essentials - stored?
Your essentials need to be consumed, and replenished, not stored! Hope you're both having a great, if cold, time. It'll be exciting reading about your adventures.
2nd July 2012

Ahoy there shipmates!
Loving the blog, Martin and I will be following with interest. Hope the weather improves, it's much more fun sipping a glass of red whilst soaking up the sun. But hey, at least you have plenty of supplies in. Looking forward to hearing more of your escapades.
2nd July 2012

A healthy diet I see!
Did anyone else know how to play backgammon? xx
3rd July 2012

Ditch the plant!
That'll solve the storage dilemma, only takes up valuable space, room for another four bottles there! Are you sure there's no room on the boat???

Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0441s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb