York to Great Yarmouth


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom
May 12th 2011
Published: May 16th 2011
Edit Blog Post

002002002

Shambles
This morning, whilst in York, we popped our washing into the laundromat and went to explore. We wandered up through the "Shambles". These little crooked buildings were very interesting.
We then went on to York Minster. This is huge!! See photos.
Then we went to a very small very old church with boxed seats.
We left York at about 11.15and drove through Doncaster and into Nottinghamshire (home of Robin Hood).
Heading toward KingLyn we ran into a lot of traffic, there were many trucks on the road. We visited the Town of Norwich at about 4.30pm and drove around, in quite heavy traffic, and saw the cathedral and part of the old stone wall which surrounds the old Town.
We then drove on to Great Yarmouth. We had some very heavy rain on the way. We dropped our bags in at the B and B and went for a lovely walk to the pier. We were amazed by all the amusement games, thousands of them!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

006006
006

York Minster
029029
029

Norwich city Stone Wall


17th May 2011

I went to York
when I was in the last year at primary school in England. I remember York Minster and how huge it was - it still looks as impressive today!

Tot: 0.547s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 11; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0449s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb