2 MONTHS TO GO!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales » Newport
April 21st 2008
Published: April 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post


Planning and prep is well under way after it seemed that we were never going to book our flights! Following a couple of confusing visits to the travel agents we have settled on a departure date of 21st June from Heathrow to Toronto. If we’re lucky we’ll be reunited with our backpacks before setting off across Canada for 2 months. We’ll then spend a couple of weeks dodging hurricanes in Mexico and Costa Rica before starting our South American adventure through Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Chile, Argentina and Brazil. I’m sure we won’t be at all disappointed to leave after sampling the sizzling samba beats of the Rio Carnival to arrive back in wet wintry Wales in March 2009.


So over the next couple of months there's loads to do:

• jabs to be had
• overtime to be worked
• backpacks to be packed
• Spanish to be learnt
• backpacks to be re-packed
• permit for the Inca Trail to be booked
• backpacks to be packed for the final time removing half its contents
• most importantly, ipods to be fully stocked


We have also embarked on a fitness regime to make sure
We can levitate!We can levitate!We can levitate!

On our 15th attempt we finally got it right.
that we don’t have to rely on a donkey to get us to the end of the Inca trail and maybe we’ll have some hope of making a decent attempt at climbing a volcano. Going well so far apart from being wedged rear end first into a hedge following an ambitious cycling move. This does not bode well for an activity in Bolivia which I am hoping to work up the guts to do. I’ll explain when we are there.

Let the countdown continue!

Lou
on behalf of Anne, D & Lou


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

I want to ride my bicyleI want to ride my bicyle
I want to ride my bicyle

Anne's smile tried to hide the fact that she had saddle sore.


6th May 2008

walking the talk
well done on getting this far!!!!! i love it that your start date is the summer solstice..... my pagan soul approves!!!!!
13th June 2008

Wish I was there.
Chance of some fantastic experiences! Good Luck, be careful and HAVE FUN!!

Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0409s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb