Botanical Gardens and Ghosts in Edinborough


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland
September 4th 2012
Published: September 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We started out the day innocent enough and decided to head off to the botanical gardens since it was a free roaming do as you want type of day.

We took the no.27 bus and transfered to another bus to reach the gardens. It seems everything is just a 10 minute ride away in Edinborough. Entry was free, and the sun was shining enabling moi to take some awesome photos. We spent 3 hours meandering around the gardens. The plants were well kept and presented very well. I must say that I was happy with the way the morning turned out, then finishing it up with a lunch at the park.

No beer before 3PM today. BUT the parties just begun. It seems there is an underground area in the city of which Bernd and I wanted to explore, but the girls did not. Something about ghosts....... We left the girls to hightail it up to the castle of Edinborough to explore the upper part and we pursued our ambition to visit the underground.

We engaged a guide to take us below the city streets. as we entered we were regalled with stories of the past, such as murders and tales of ill doing and such. One that stuck out was about two men who decided to traffic fresh cadavers for the medical clinics by enticing the living with alchohal and then doing away with them in an untimely manner. The bodies were temperarely stored where we were standing, or so it was said. It was damp and creepy, and chilly with our fingertips tingling. We heard footsteps and some of us panicked. NOT ME... I was cool. Ghosts or not (see pic) it was not proven beyond a doubt that there were apparitions abound. Though you never know. As we left I thought something brushed me. I turned quickly and there was nothing. THAS DA TRUTH> Hic......

Bernd and I retired to the pub to await on the young felines we left earlier. They returned in due time and we had to lie about how much we drank. You see, ....we thought we encountered ghosts and needed to drown out the experience. If you believe this lie is true, ask the blind man because he saw it too.

I ate wild boar for supper with some awesome fries that had the skins still on them. WE need to rest now, for tomorrow we are off again ona bonnie adventure out towards the Highlands again. We are going to see the Loch Ness and Nellie the monster who lives there.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.368s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 72; dbt: 0.0771s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb