Touring Western Isles of Scotland 2012


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland
February 24th 2012
Published: February 24th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Richard and BillRichard and BillRichard and Bill

At end of Manchester 100 in aid of The Christie, Manchester 2008.
I will be doing this tour with Bill Honeywell, a seasoned walker and cyclist, who enjoys the outdoors and is always up for a challenge to raise money for charity. He is a cancer sufferer, and luckily also an escapee, so he has raised serious sums of money for Cancer charities, rasing £30,000 last year alone for Cancer Research and this trip will raise money for the same charity.
Starting on 28th April this will be a tour of 39 of the Western Isles of Scotland starting in the south and gradually working northwards. The route is determined by the ferry timetable and logical connections. Sometimes we will just hop on and off the islands but will ride as much as we can on each island and make our way to another ferry or bridge to the next island. The mileage will be rather modest at 5 or 600 miles but could entail quite a bit seesickness and souwester conditions, but let us hope for some fantastic weather.The ferry timetables have been obtained and the route established. Accommodation is being sought and things are taking shape nicely. when accommodation is sorted the actual road routes can be established and mileages known.

Sponsorship is next on the list and we hope for a good response so that we can beat cancer and help sufferers through our combined efforts.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.054s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb