Timeline continued - September 2007 - Moving house and things....


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland
April 28th 2009
Published: June 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

September 2007 - We moved house from Dundee to Montrose; a small town on the North East coast, 35 Miles for both Aberdeen and Dundee, Fiona and I both get the train to work.

October 2007 - The house we bought is a total hole, it’s 110 years old and needs loads of work done, tough times as we live through it and deal with one dodgy tradesman (who I’m currently suing) and three or four other fantastic tradesmen who made the place into an amazing home.

February 2008 - The house is finished inside and is wonderful, we’ve still a bit to do outside but me, Fiona and her parents go about gardening, building fences and restoring walls, it feels like we’ll never get to the end of it but finally we do.

March 2008 - I go on a boy’s trip to Budapest, happy days.

April 2008 - We go on a trip down to the South West coast of Scotland, we visit Mull of Kintyre and the like, some lovely scenery and great whisky is enjoyed.

June 2008 - Fiona has had cold like symptoms for a couple of weeks and can’t seem to shake them, she visits the doctor and then comes to meet me at the train station to tell me she’s PREGNANT…. Mental biscuits, baby due on Friday the 13th of March 2009.

July 2008 - The pregnancy doesn’t get off to the best of starts, which was par for the course for the rest of the gestation, as Fiona is suffering sharp pains in her abdomen. Fiona already had her appendix removed and the obstetricians fear she might be carrying and ectopic pregnancy. We go for an early scan (at 7 weeks) and are told not to expect good news, thankfully we can see a small yolk sack and Fiona is carrying what the doctors refer to as a “viable pregnancy”.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.304s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 82; dbt: 0.1071s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb