Safely home


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » West Lothian » Livingston
August 29th 2005
Published: August 31st 2005
Edit Blog Post

Good memories!Good memories!Good memories!

Easter Island
Well..... after 36 000 miles, seven countries, and 357 days, here we are, back where we started. We arrived home on Thursday morning, after a long and boring 12 hour flight from Bangkok and a 1 hour shuttle from London to Glasgow. As promised my parents and Graeme's dad (his mum had to work unfortunately) were there to meet us and glad to have us home (for the first few days at least!!).

After a few days at home we've caught up on sleep, eaten some great home cooking, looked in horror at the years worth of mail that has accummulated... and it's great to be back. I'm sure the itchy feet will start again soon, but it will be a wee while before we can afford another such oddyssey. In the mean time we are well into the job search, will be back in our flat in Glasgow in a couple of weeks, and look forward to catching up with all our friends and extended family in Scotland (and the rest of the UK!) soon.

To the many people we met and travelled with along the way - you made our trip! The folks we met and worked
Good memories 2!Good memories 2!Good memories 2!

Flower Power
with in Auckland were all fab, we wouldn't have had half the good times we had if it wasn't for you - hopefully we'll be back soon to catch up. Meanwhile we're going to be extolling the virtues of barbies, kumera and swimming in the sea while we're at home! We met great people travelling too, and sometimes the people you get to know along the way make the trip - thanks guys, and enjoy whatever you're up to now!

We have been asked many times where our favourite places are, or the best things we've done, so to finish off the final blog, here are some of our best bits:

Graeme - visiting Easter Island and bungy jumping on his birthday, the trip to Uluru and Kings Canyon.
Jo - too many to choose from! Exploring New Zealand and visiting Easter Island,sailing in the Whitsundays,
snowboarding...

Till the next time

love Jo and Graeme x







Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Good memories 3!Good memories 3!
Good memories 3!

Beach hut in Moorea
Good memories 4!Good memories 4!
Good memories 4!

Me paragliding in Queenstown


Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 18; qc: 83; dbt: 0.1081s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb