Glasgow


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Renfrewshire » Paisley
September 11th 2011
Published: September 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Central StationCentral StationCentral Station

Inside train station
Darkness is setting in in Toronto as we board the A330 for Glasgow. It’s hard to believe 400 people have paid good money for the opportunity to cram themselves into a 9 seat wide aluminum tube with wings for a 6 12 hour flight. The view of Toronto’s lights as the engines thrust us skyward into the night was breathtaking. We could just make out the moonlight glinting off Lake Ontario as we drifted overhead. The plane made a constant noise like a car window cracked open a bit at 120km/hr as it thrust itself through the air at about 400mph trying to make up time for the delay in Toronto. Sleep was almost impossible, trying to lean on each other or use our coats as pillows. About 1/2 way my legs started going crazly so I put on the compression socks Vicki had got for that purpose. They made it alot better. Amazingly as we got close to Scotland we caught back up with the sun and we landed about 8:00 am Scotland time in full daylight. We were so tired all we wanted to do was go to bed. We took a taxi to the hotel and the shock of everything in the vehicle and on the roads being backwards did not wear off on the trip. Unfortunately check in was not till 2pm so we had some time to kill. Went for a walk in the downtown core, centuries old buildings right alongside modern glass and steel structures. The Central Station looked like an 1890’s riveted steel structure holding glass, imbedded into 1800’s brick and mortar buildings with modern(old looking) wood facia shops and stores in the vast interior. We bought a map and located an electronics store to buy a uk gps.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0497s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb