Dublin Ireland


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Northern Ireland
July 18th 2008
Published: July 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Grafton StreetGrafton StreetGrafton Street

Dublin Ireland
July 17th, 18th and 19th

July 17th we were at sea all day sailing from Edinburgh to Dublin. We arrived in Dublin on the 18th for two days in Ireland. On our first day we walked around town on Grafton St. This is a big pedestrian walking and shopping street. We headed to Trinity College and saw the Book of Kells. This is a very old book created over 1000 years ago in Ireland. The book is the New Testament with beautiful art and design. It is only opened to two pages to see every couple of days. We then saw a really old library that look like something straight out of Harry Potter and a very old harp from the middle ages. Later that night we went to an Irish dinner and dancing show called Celtic Storm. There were dancers and singing and lots of music.
The next day we went to Dublin Castle to see an art exibit. Then we hit the Guiness Brewery for lunch and a really good pint of Guiness. The Guiness in Ireland tastes much smoother and not bitter. We toured the old Brewery and smelled the barley and had a great time. We strolled the Temple Bar area and then came back to the ship. We had sushi at the Nobu Sushi bar and then we boat sailed to Liverpool. We were so tired that we didn't get off the ship in Liverpool. There were some 3 million tourist visiting to see a Tall Ship showing. The weather was really cold and windy so we had a day at the spa and slept. This was much needed to recharge. The ship was only in Liverpool for a few hours and then we set sail for Belfast.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.277s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0583s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb