Day 2 - All Dowhill From Here


Advertisement
Published: November 29th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

BCDO4 (2)


Tippi Hedren - I feel your fear



It was another early start but this morning we were assailed with the cawing of crows and seagulls. They were going nuts over the discarded rubbish we had left out in the night - all neatly bagged up by us but then appropriated by a fox that stared POTUS down at 2am. Mr Fox feasted royally on hot wings we couldn't manage ourselves and now the Birds were picking up the scent. Angela rolled up her sleeves and set about clearing up the remains with a gusto I doubt any of the rest of us could have managed..

Breakfast was soon on the go - bacon, eggs, bread - simple like us but perfect in the morning chill. One by one everyone emerged - Ryan with his tales of feral adversity, Emilia with her tales of Ryan bigging up his feral adversity; Deborah looking for her panpipes; and the Brokeback gents looking sheepish.

Fortified and packed up we headed up the mountain to take in the views of the whole peninsula. Magilligan Point looked glorious and even as the wind battered our heads, we managed to get the tripods out for the first time in anger. Moving on to Downhill we hit the beach first and we even got a visit from top local historian and bon viveur - the Doog.

Looking up at Mussendun proved too tempting and we decamped to the Bishop's Palace and grounds for our final photo assignment of the day. One got the sense that a night under canvas was taking its toll and the BCDO was already at a close by 3pm. Threats of going to Dunluce Castle after a late lunch remained just that and with the clouds and weather closing in once more, we scuttled off home.


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 64; dbt: 0.058s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb