Wednesday, July 30


Advertisement
Published: July 31st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Wednesday evening was our final night of the gospel meeting, and it turned out to be the high point of the week. It was very well attended with several hearing the gospel for perhaps the first time. It was our most well-attended session of the week, and it was just a great way to end the meeting! Everyone was in agreement that the meeting was an excellent success.

Earlier in the day, we had brunch at Ward's in dowtown Bangor. We both had an "Ulster Fry." It consisted of a fried egg on top of potato bread along with some fried Irish Soda Bread, Irish bacon (like our country ham), and Irish sausage. I'm not a big fan of this particular type of Irish sausage, so I asked for double bacon. This was one seriously good -- if not healthy -- breakfast that has become what seems to be the unofficial breakfast entree of the Ulster province (i.e. Northern Ireland). Dad (Papa Roark)... we made note of the impressive lineup of scones, tarts, and other sweet treats for you. We'll give you our report at a later date.

After we were done, we headed over to Grey Abbey, a monastery dating to the 1100's! This was an amazing place, so we only took about 150 photos of every angle of every stone. It was a very Irish day, the air filled with mist and gloom; this just seemed like the perfect weather for touring a site from the middle ages.

We want to wish grandma Vaughan (Ryan's grandma) a happy 89th birthday today (31st)!! We want to bring her here next year to celebrate her 90th birthday. Also, a very happy 23rd birthday to Lauren, Kelly's sister. Maybe we'll bring her here someday as well.

Thanks, again, for reading. Look for our next update tomorrow.

-- Ryan & Kelly


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Denise & FriendDenise & Friend
Denise & Friend

Denise (left) brought her friend, Joanna, to hear the gospel.
Bill & AnnBill & Ann
Bill & Ann

Ann is a member of the church here in Bangor, and one of the friendliest people you'd ever meet.
Martha, Bill, & AnnMartha, Bill, & Ann
Martha, Bill, & Ann

Martha laying a wallop on Bill.


26th January 2011
Grey Abbey Flowers 1

look looking at the abbei
i want to read head stones exspelaly in old part of cemetary. looking up john bailie been told he is in the old section i have reseached back togreat great grand came from gilford ireland thank you

Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0663s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb