A Brilliant Summer


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
February 13th 2012
Published: February 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We thought we would head for a site just south of Norwich that we have visited on a number of occasions – in fact it’s where we met – for a few weeks, this turned into a four month stay (with a few days off for good behaviour). We met many friends, old and new, the sun shone and the beer flowed – couldn’t tear ourselves away.

Emma and Andy visited for a weekend and we went seal watching (got a bit wet), to Pleasure Beach at Great Yarmouth (again got a bit wet – or in Andy’s case soaked), and for a boat trip on the Broads – where we celebrated Trev’s birthday – great fun.

We thought we’d get a bit closer to the water and tried sailing and wind surfing on the only day of the year when there was no wind! Note there are no pictures of Jackie windsurfing as she couldn’t stay upright long enough.

Some friends of ours introduced us to geo caching and we are now firmly hooked – this led us to explore areas we had never heard of before despite spending a lot of time in the area.

At the end of September we travelled down south for a few days to choose Emma’s wedding dress, she’s going to look fantastic – sooooooooooo exciting. The weather was brilliant and we had barbecues and picnics on the beach. Then back to Norwich to plan winter stops (hope it’s not as cold as the last two years).


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0529s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb