Round the World and Back Again


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
April 13th 2009
Published: September 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Having accomplished 12,500km overland in Africa, 3,000km on Greyhound buses in OZ, nearly 9,000 kms in our NZ rental car, journeys on 57 buses, 47 ferries, 40 flights, 3 trains, countless taxis and tuk tuks, 1 elephant ride and a great big adventure we are finished our travels.

Being back we have found what we miss immediately are those quiet places of the world where we spent so much time. The birdsong in the trees, the sound of the wind, countless days immersed in a good book, hours wandering on a great walk and enjoying the solace of a deserted beach. The confidence that if you don't like any place or situation you can just pack up and move on. New faces around every corner and a countless cultures to experience firsthand. Food too spicy to eat and some too weird to miss. This year has been spent learning what we could live without, the extremes we could stand and what we truly appreciate in our lives. It has been an amazing journey and I hope not the last.

So as a reward to our constant companions on this journey (that's you!) we have picked our top photos for you to enjoy. Thanks for accompaning us on our journey and providing us with loving support and good wishes from home along the way.


Additional photos below
Photos: 116, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



20th December 2009

Hi
Happy Christmas you guys! And thanks for all the blogs and pics. Roland
9th January 2010

Wish I was there
Have loved all the blogs, and wish I had seen some of the places. I can just imagine being on some of the beaches, and venturing into the sea!! Perhaps one day New Zealand !!
22nd November 2010
Lake Tekapo

Perfect day to take a picture.

Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 17; qc: 93; dbt: 0.0959s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb