It's all over


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
February 2nd 2007
Published: March 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Snow!Snow!Snow!

Not much though
We had a great time, driving around some of the countryside visiting people and places. We went through some ancient areas, Woodhenge near Salisbury, and Avebury (Long Barrows, Stone Circles) on our way to see a friend in Cheltenham. As fascinating as the barrows and circles were, it was about 4C out, with a wind chill taking the temp way below zero.

We also stopped at Bletchley Park, home of the Enigma and former home of GCHQ. Although some rooms and huts were closed for winter (open weekends only) what we saw was really interesting. Colossus, the first computer, was up and running, nearly complete and finished.

One morning we even had some snow, all of a couple of inches. Our first for many years (since Morocco maybe, even then it was just in patches). However, the places we went later hadnt had any snow, so we just had our mornings worth. Looks great when you are inside in the warm! Colin and I are definately warm weather people.

We stopped at a VW shop (Type 3 Detectives) and got a "few" parts for our variant, and a couple of bits for the bus. Money and weight restrictions
AveburyAveburyAvebury

West Kennet Long Barrow
curbed our spending heaps, otherwise we'd have visited a few more places!

Apart from that, we had a good time seeing friends and family, relaxing and catching up on gossip. Having grown up in the area, it didnt feel like a holiday, as there was no need to rush around seeing all the sights.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

T3DT3D
T3D

A fe wof the VW's at Type 3 Detectives


Tot: 0.244s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 31; qc: 164; dbt: 0.1447s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.5mb