Our Itinerary


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » West Midlands » Sutton Coldfield
January 24th 2006
Published: January 30th 2006
Edit Blog Post

(Bronia typing) Here is our Itinerary - planned as much as we can to give structure and a general direction, but still giving flexibility for us to change our minds about the length of time we spend in any one place.

This framework of dates is based on pre-booked key flights (bold text) that we have booked and our idea of how long we want to spend in any one place. The rest however could change as we go along. Where we refer to a flight that is not in bold text, it means is not booked yet.

We start our trip in the Year 2006
We end our trip in 2007.

Note: We were planning on going to Nepal from Feb 11 - Mar 5 2006 but had to abort that plan last week when we heard from the Canadian and British Foreign Office that they were ‘advising against all but non-essential travel’ to Nepal. This is due to the Maoist uprisings and bandhs (strikes) that have turned violent in recent weeks in the build up to elections and the 1st year anniversary (Feb 1) since the King forcibly took control of the government and running of the country.

It is a disappointment to us as we were planning on trekking the Everest Trail, staying in teahouses and visiting temples on the way towards Everest Base camp to see the beauty that is the Himalayas but with news of violent riots in Katmandhu, shops and temples closed and tourists stranded on buses for hours denied entry into the valley we decided to not play around and reallocate the weeks to India and Sri Lanka.

Do a web search on Nepal or check out the BBC website for more info if you are interested in the reason/history behind the Nepalese unrest.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.398s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 31; qc: 131; dbt: 0.1813s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.7mb