The boys are back in Town!!!!!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » West Midlands » Stourbridge
March 11th 2013
Published: March 11th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Following the signs for North Wales we were making good progress to rendezvous with Zoe at Porthmadog…….



Woolly says – well we were until the Sat Nav took us onto a left turn, as the roads got narrower and narrower Ian and Georgie were not impressed and when we were forced to follow a diversion into even narrower lanes things were not looking good. Sensibly they decided to ignore the Sat Nav and we eventually found our way back onto the A487. We made it with ten minutes to spare!!!!! It was brilliant to see Zoe again, she hasn’t changed at all, even her greeting of ‘Oh god the rat’s still here’ was a joy to my ears and I know that Jo and Ian were delighted to see her again. Pointing Georgie back the way we had come we headed towards Bangor for our evening stay and were delighted to find ourselves in the car park of the Hotel we had used in the past to meet up with the relatives.



Booked through Brit stops it was a complete coincidence, but a very welcome one as we knew the food would be good. Having indoctrinated Zoe into the Motorhome methods – don’t use water/electricity etc etc we had a lovely tea before settling into Georgie’s warm and cosy interior for a good old catch up.



Woolly says – some things don’t change and getting Zoe up is one of them, she asked if she could stay in bed while we travelled!!!!! Lazy Muppet I say. Being Mother’s day it was Jo’s choice of adventure and we sped back down the A487 to Portmeirion, built by Sir Clough Williams-Ellis between 1925 and 1975 it is set in the style of an Italian village. Famous for its pottery, Jo loves it for the links to the cult series The Prisoner (something about ‘I am not a number I’m a free man’!!!!!) have a look at



http://www.portmeirion-village.com/



leaving Ian and Georgie with the Sunday papers, Jo, Zoe and I paid our £10.00 GBP (bit pricey maybe!) and walked into the brightly painted village, it was really quite good with all different buildings set into the gardens and quite unique sculptures and points of interest, it was however FREEZING, having reached the lighthouse, Jo took pity on me and Zoe (neither of us could move we were that cold) and we stopped for a hot chocolate, yum, before scurrying back to the warmth of Georgie.



It is a lovely place but best visited in eh warmer weather, picking up the coast road we set off to Aberystwyth, Zoe’s university town.



Woolly says – it wasn’t a bad drive and I thought it was quite funny when Zoe started turning green in the back! Jo told me off and told me that I could sit there as well - no thanks! Booking into our campsite for the night didn’t fill us with great glee for £15.00 GBP we had hook up with toilets and showers, hook up was great but none of us were prepared to use the toilets and showers – they were filthy. Having left Georgie for a cold night in the wind we set off down the steep hills of Aberystwyth to find food and sustenance resulting in Jo and Zoe having a curry (their favourite) and Ian and I having a KFC!!!!! It was not the best night, tucked up in our beds poor Georgie took the brunt of the wind which rocked her from side to side with temperatures dropping very quickly we awoke to frozen pipes and snow flurries. Saying a very sad farewell to Zoe (well Jo and Ian were sad hehe), Ian and Georgie took on the task of returning us to our UK base, Stourbridge. It was not a good drive back, with the wind threatening to topple us as we rounded sharp corners, more and more snow coming down and visibility dropping, we made slow but steady progress, I don’t know who was more pleased to arrive at our destination! The boys are back in town……


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 14; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0583s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb