Ben loses a word from his vocabulary ...


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Surrey
June 19th 2012
Published: June 23rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

...dary!!!



We really think it will be as we sat at Heathrow airport having spent a day and night in a luxury gated community in Oxshott near London with the lovely Pamela and Lauren's mum! What can we say! Champagne in the hot tub (albeit it was technically a cold tub!) and several bottles of pink, white, red, beer- you name it- Ben drank it! And my did he feel rough the next day, with stern words from Lauren, "now you know what you can't drink!"



The Sunday we had our second family meal with ben's family and it was lovely if a little sad but many a laugh was had especially from Ben's grandma what a fun afternoon! A trip to Oldham is what followed to say goodby to Ben's fathers side of the family and then on to Lauren's dad for the penultimate night in the UK.



Monday we set off with Susan to Oxshott with a rather easy 4 hour journey- easy for Ben as he snoozed cramped up in the back of Susan's jaguar! And the fizzy stuff was opened as soon as we arrived at 2pm! And from then on Ben lost a word from his vocabulary- "no." he really did put an awful lot down his throat whereas Lauren always ensured she still had half left in her glass! We had a great stew for dinner and a fabulous evening. The next morning Lauren had a gorgeous hydrating facial courtesy of Susan - thanks again mum! And Ben spent the day trying to hydrate himself! We had a great lunch at a Lebanese restaurant and mum piled us up with cookies and flapjack saying we would be grateful the next morning!



A taxi then took us from the mansion to Heathrow and here we were sat drinking some wine, sharing a risotto watching England win! Not a bad start indeed!



The flight was expected to be 6 hours 8 minutes! And it was! The female pilot was spot on! And we had a great guy at check in who said there were 100 spare seats and sat us in the middle with a seat between us- assuring us no one would opt for that seat! Again he did not disappoint- but we actually had the whole 4 seat lane and Lauren lay down her weary head and woke up a few hours later, having taken a wee sleeping tablet to help her along! We were afforded the luxury of dinner and breakfast even on such a short flight and landed at 7am Dubai time to 40degree heat!



Until next time... Xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0569s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb