Long night on High Street


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Surrey » Great Bookham
June 18th 2005
Published: June 25th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Last night was some piece of work let me tell you something for nothing right here right now. Well it all began shortly after work I had a bout five mins to get a change of clothes (hard to do when your living in the lounge room out of a back pack) and get the stink off (shower). Um got goin oh yeah i forgot to say as it was friday it was shopping night and im the one who drives everyone on the magical mystery van tour de force. This week we (a new couple from Dorkland -Sth side somewhere and big Tom (yes YT there is another Big T now) shopped @ Sainsbury's Cobham which was easy enuf to get to and was heaps easier to park the 2m high van in (Last time tried to get in @ Leatherhead Sainsbury's we were gunna loose 20cm of headroom if I tried to go underground - no go) Back to the story Got there @ Half 7 was warned by Kennith & Roz (Dorklanders) that they would be a while as had no supplies in new place (my ol flat) (y'all following this or do I have to type s l o w e r ? ;-) Ah now guess who takes the longest??? El conductorio meself was stuck in the beverages section eventually got a bottle of special reserve Glennfidich for £19.99 (yet to be sampled - will keep ya posted) So were all packed in its now 9pm and Ive just missed the turn (but did not realise till a long while as had been out late and up early (current theme of my life) the night before as it was free pool @ The old Crown. So we back tracked into town then out again but we seemed to be goin the same way as last time?? I stopped and knocked on a fellows door and he told me we were nearly there (same as the first before we turned around) . I dropped off the kids with their shopping (I call the couple who moved into my old joint this because i pick them up for work @ 7:40am 5-6 days a week its been good as a way to get to know them) . Anyhoo got home dropped hessian sack of groceries (£115 worth-just dont convert it!) and went to drop the van back. All was sweet had a beer in hand & bag o mandarins (cheap as only 10p for 8 so got about ten bags) And then bumped into a house mate who was sittin on a pallet in the dark (was going to walk the other way but went by the pallet stack as it was dark and had no shoes on. He was gettin pissed real good with fosters (supposedly the beer we drink back in oz??) & Archers peach flavoured vodka (alot stronger than it seems) . He got talkin and before i knew it a full blown deep and meaningful erupted and this was from a guy from the bush who barely talked to me after the first day. He was appologising for being arrogant back then i said it was alright and told him i thought he was a good bloke. He wanted to say more but was stopping himself I think he had just had a fight with his girlfriend at the house as it was pretty sombre when i dropped me groceries off earlier. I was hungry the beer was running out and this fella was still to get what he wanted to really say of his chest. He suggested we go back to the house and sit by a fire out the back, I liked the sounds of that as it was gettin chilly in shorts n singlet. When we got back he was dead keen to hav me come bush with him i liked the sounds of that too , and said it would be great to see where he comes from (near the ocean road somewhere along the Victorian coast). As he headed inside i asked about the fire he said oh no we got no wood and headed into the lounge, i packed the shopping away and was thinkin about sum feed. He asked me if i wanted to have a go on his ps2 i said yeah no worries but had to cook 1st. He headed upstairs and thats when the pudding plopped. A verbal fight broke out and it was pretty intense , so i grabbed a jersey , a can and told another flatmate i was out of here as i had just been thru sumthing similiar. As i headed out the door wonderin wher to go I turned right down towards the main rd and thats when the puddling plopped big time - windows where being smashed now. I waited a moment to see if it was an accident then when more where being smashed i took off , at first i had only thought to get away- now i was running to the nearest phone (1 mile into town) to call the bill . I thought that somebody was gunna get hurt if there was smashed glass around and i was relieved to hear when i rang that another call had been made already and a patrol was on way. I then rung me boss and left a message , the church clock suddenly boomed and bought me back to reality it was midnight and i had to find a place to sit this one out. Funnily enuf i headed to that ol fav The Old Crown it was closed but that was ok as i still had me beer :-) The next 3 1/2 hrs were kinda interesting i gave directions to two different people talked to a few people goin home , saw the cops roll by (wonder if they were the ones who went round to the house , sussed out the bakery sells stuff around the back thru a iron barred door , saw an ambo cruise up and then back about half an hour later tried to see if anyone I knew was in it , and was asked what i was doin? By a french lady who works in the resturant ajoining the pub - I told her that i didnt want to go home. Eventually i did go back towards home reluctantly , sleeping in the park was unappealling likewise with the nursery so i turned for home , it was 4am and was sure that things would be all sleepy by now. Next thing is the front door is smashed so i let meself in no worries , the coffee table is smashed to bits another window in the lounge is in bits and the tv stand has dissapeared??, i sat on the couch and wondered- what the ? To be continued........Well its been a week and Ive fixed up the place with the help of Mike from work. Now its been cleaned and we've got some vegies groin and two new beds dug ready for planting its on the up and up at our joint. It will be good when Roz and Kennith (from Auckland) move in next week as Joe and Kim (Coffs) are going to Spain - for a well earned holiday- good on em. :-)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0542s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb