Grant and Rae's NZ Trip


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Suffolk » Stowmarket
February 2nd 2012
Published: February 2nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

San Francisco....San Francisco....San Francisco....

.....the clocktower of the old ferry building - striking 12 but you can't see that!
I did say "probably" the last blog in the previous entry........................this one definitely is.

Back home again,feeling pretty shattered - might fall asleep while writing this!

Spent a few hours in San Fran yesterday morning going round Bloomingdales and Macy's - the retail therapy being punctuated with a walk down to the old ferry terminal via the financial district and back via Chinatown. Rae did mange to restrict her purchases to a couple of birthday cards,though. (She did look for ideas for "Mother of the Bride" suits/dresses as well.)

Got the hotel shuttle to the airport (met a couple from Bearsden who were about to go to New Zealand). Flight wasn't busy and after take off we were able to move seats so that Rae had a bank of 4 and me a bank of 3 to ourselves - which made the 10.5 hour flight a bit more tolerable. Arrived back London on time,to a bright but cold day. Then our taxi back to Stow to get back into some sort of routine.

We have been round the world,though!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

San Francisco...San Francisco...
San Francisco...

.....another bridge - this time the first stretch of the Oakland Bridge.
San Francisco.....San Francisco.....
San Francisco.....

.....the financial district - I like taking pics that involve reflection!
San Francisco...San Francisco...
San Francisco...

.......the famous gate to Chinatown.
San Francisco....San Francisco....
San Francisco....

.....the facade of a shop in Chinatown - they were having a closing-down auction and wanted to sell us many bargains (like a chandelier for $300) to ship back to the Uk!!!
San Francisco.....San Francisco.....
San Francisco.....

......signing off with The Eagles!


Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0747s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb