Ickworth in autunm


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Suffolk » Ixworth
November 15th 2011
Published: November 15th 2011
Edit Blog Post

As we had been told that our nephew, Bryn, had started walking and running, and making voices, we really looked forward to seeing him. All of the ornaments on the mantelpiece and lower shelves and my grandfather’s carvings had been put away. There were some changes of locations of coffee table and other furniture.

Bryn and his parents arrived at Lark Rise late evening on 4th November. It was dull and wet in the morning on 5th November. John looked at the weather forecast, and we heard that the rain would be cleared away by midday around East Anglia.

We decided to go to Ickworth Park from the midday. Bryn was wearing an orange jacket to match with autumn coloured leaves. He was walking independently and comfortably in Lark Rise and Ickworth Park. Many trees and shrubs’ foliage had turned brownish, gold, orange, red and yellow, and we saw some outstanding autumnal trees and pine trees.

John and Mary treated us to lunch at the café. Bryn ate pumpkin pie flavoured with garlic, and he seemed to like it.

He walked on the pavement around the house, but kept losing the track before the descending path. It seems the nap time was approaching and he rode in the pushchair. The downhill path led us to the family church of Ickworth, summerhouse, canal, and parkland with autumnal trees and pine trees. We followed the path along the River Linet. Colours of autumnal leaves reflected on the water, and it was very atmospheric and beautiful. The weather improved in the afternoon and it encouraged us to do a long walk. We turned right when we encountered the bridge and concrete road. We then followed the uphill path towards the entrance area. We saw a flock of sheep on the right hand side.

John and Mary treated us to puddings and hot drinks. Bryn ate a cheese scone. He seems to be able to eat a wide variety of food.

It was starting to get dark when we were making the way to the Car Park. There were lit-up facilities on the foot of the trees and lawn, and it offered reflective light on the foliage, trunks and lawn and they stood out well in the darkened atmosphere.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 35; dbt: 0.0465s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb