Getting that writing done!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Suffolk » Eye
June 9th 2007
Published: November 30th -0001
Edit Blog Post

The Quik PodThe Quik PodThe Quik Pod

You even get a mini tripod with it!

24th May

: The frustration with the phone line continues - apparently BT needs to dig up a main road somewhere, and paperwork being what it is, they don’t expect the phone to be back on until 20th July, which seems unbelievable, but at least we know where we stand now. Enjoyed the luxury of reading a Cathy Kelly novel (these Irish chick-lit writers are very enjoyable!), before deciding must get some fresh air, so a good long-walk, and then writing up travelblog entries until late…

25th May

: Quik Pod arrived in the post. Saw this featured in the Times travel section a few weeks ago, then after a quick search with Pricerunner, found it on Play.com for £18 including postage, so decided to go for it! Had a few experimental shots, but the idea is that if you are, for example, at some tourist hot-spot, and would like to get yourself or a group of friends in a shot, and there’s nowhere to rest the camera, you put the camera on the end of the Quik Pod (essentially an extendible arm), set the self-timer, and get yourself in the shot. Might not be quite such a nice shot as someone else may take, but at least you’re not running the risk of a ‘National Lampoon’s’ scenario (European Vacation: “Back, back, back, back….”, and there he goes with our camera!)

26th May

: Joined my parents at a ‘Safari Supper’ at Church, met some nice people (there was probably about 100 there), and got to look round three different churches. The first course was in Brundish, amazing variety of pate on bread; the second course was at Laxfield, with endless amounts of ham, salad and a couple of whole salmon; the pudding was at Wingfield, opposite the De La Pole Arms, and again - so many nice puddings - chocolate, fruit, etc. Had a good look round that church, some interesting effigies, and a rare Huud.

3rd June

: Car boot sale - well if I’d been doing entirely for the financial reward, what would have been the point of that?! Going to stick the well-tried route of taking most things to the charity shop as I’ve always done in the past, and was about to do again, when I decided that I WOULD do it, and after more faffing about deciding how to price things, and missing the bank holiday weekend as it looked like it was
More flowers...More flowers...More flowers...

relly is a never ending variety
going to tip down, I made it to the car boot on 3rd June - thought, oh good, good weather, and lots of other people setting up stalls, it’ll be a busy one, but no, that apparently means it’s bad as there’s more competition for people’s money. I slashed prices left right and centre, and even then (maybe also because) I didn’t reach my target of £50 profit, no £35.85 to be precise, of which I spent 50p on a book from the stall next door!!

6th June

: Submitted completed draft of London Transport Museum book chapter, a couple of days before my deadline… although I expect editorial changes! Have spent most of the previous two weeks working on this, along with walks around the countryside, improving my TEFL grammar knowledge, listening to a Vietnamese language programme (although not got too far with this), and popping round to my brother’s to borrow the internet!

An amazing day was had at Open Farm Sunday on 10th June, and the weather held.


Additional photos below
Photos: 33, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

Countryside RosesCountryside Roses
Countryside Roses

There are many of them - climbing over all kinds of buildings... not just houses!
The De La Pole's... alabaster statuesThe De La Pole's... alabaster statues
The De La Pole's... alabaster statues

Covered in 'ancient graffiti'... and some not so ancient.
Plenty of people for puddingPlenty of people for pudding
Plenty of people for pudding

About 120 I think...
The HuddThe Hudd
The Hudd

Very unusual to fid one of these..


Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0665s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb