Back in the UK


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Suffolk » Bury Saint Edmunds
January 14th 2009
Published: January 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Song of the Day - Homeward Bound by Simon and Garfunkel

Hello

I'm writing this the day after we arrived back from LA. My body clock is well messed up - I've been sleeping whilst supposed to be working and now WIDE AWAKE...

I don't think this will be the last entry - the boys and Kathryn have theirs to update and it would be probably nice to stick some more photos and videos up (something I got worse at as time went on).

It was in the mid-20s in LA so we spent some time on the beach at Santa Monica. Hell of a contrast to come back to sub-zero in England (especially when we're without heating and hot water - joy)!

On the reading front (if you care), I finished the holiday with Deception Point and Angels and Demons by Dan Brown (a bit like watching Big Brother and X-Factor after starting the holiday with Panorama and the Play for Today). Both very readable though although I can see why he has critics (something like 'as Robert fell down the crevasse to his impending death with his arm hanging off, he realised the significance of the double-headed cross to the Muslim movement and worked out how it fitted in with the stranger's cigarette lighter')

Anyway - thanks again for reading this and comments and messages submitted. It was all in all a great and memorable trip and this blog with your submissions will remind us of it for years to come.

TTFN Ian

Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0451s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb