Nearly time to head off on the road


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » South Yorkshire
October 4th 2012
Published: October 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

What a day. Awake at 2am, up at 6.30am to take down the slats from inside the van to install the insulation strips. They'll be going up in the next couple of days. Shopped for the wood to install the door and side panels in the van, which will be my project from 6.30am tomorrow. Bought all the fixings, glue and plastic sheeting to wrap the insulation, hiking boots and some shirts, etc. installed some shelving for saucepans and readied a mirror to put up on Saturday. Had some very nice chateu cardboard Sauvignon Blanc from South Africa.

Sarah's off with her mum and sister buying fish and chips. I cannot believe I have to order the banana fritters from the Chinese shop next to the fish and chip shop! Making Olive bread. Hopefully the plumber will be back tomorrow with the right part for the gas combi heater, so for the first time in three days I can have a hot bath (no hot water now, and the shower doesn't work anyway). Not much chance to get a solar shower since the sun hasn't been out much. The garden is a great inspiration for mine for next Hedland garden season.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0434s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb