Have Feet, Will Explore


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Oxfordshire » Oxford
June 19th 2003
Published: June 19th 2003
Edit Blog Post

Oxford is a cute college town, with plenty of colleges to go around. More than colleges is the number of pubs, most of which are quite old, like from the 16 and 1700's. Lots of stone walls. this is a real walking town once you get a map. I've checked out the Botanical Gardens, Carafax Tower, Christ Church College (lots of harry potter fans there, as some parts of the movies were filmed there) the canal walk and 2 markets. My tevas are getting real milage.


Yesterday i snuck into Rhodes House Library for a while and parused my way throught the Pacific Section for 3 hours while it rained. That library is so well taken care of! I may try to get back in tomorow to finish reading about the pacific anti-nuclear treaty and the white australia policy.

It's nice to be here, the environment is relaxed and full of young people. Very cool. I've taken over 350 photos, and started the second card today... and DESPERATELY need to find a cafe where i can download them and show them all to you.

random note about England:
Sarah and i noticed this in London, and it is true here as well. PDA's seem to not be a big deal at all. Couples just makeout wherever, in the tube, at carafax tower, anywhere and everywhere. Also, you see guys touching girls in lots of places. I don't see nearly this much PDA stuff in the USA at all. just a cultural note. nudity is not a big deal at all here. It's just somehting people are open about, which is cool.

well... off to tea, then a pub. take care!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0575s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb