Back Home


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Nottinghamshire » Nottingham
October 31st 2011
Published: October 31st 2011
Edit Blog Post

David here...

Well, we've been home for almost two months now and we are well and truly back into the rhythm of 'normal life'. When we arrived home to the United Kingdom we felt quite depressed. The skies were grey and it was cold and drizzly. It kind of summed up how we were feeling. It was nice to see friends and family again, to hand over presents and sort through the stuff we'd collected on our travels, but for the first few weeks, it is fair to say that we just wanted to be out on the road again. Throwing away our trusty backpacks but battered was tough. For me, it was especially hard going back to work and getting back into that routine, though I know I am very lucky to have had a job to come back to.

Since then, we have come to enjoy being back in our home and the luxuries that it brings. We appreciate having our own house to potter around in and our own stuff around us. We still talk about the trip to each other all the time. However we are trying not to talk about it quite as much with friends and family, we don't want to become known as the travel bores.

So, this is it....the end of the blog. One of the many records of our trip that we have. I have re-read it from start to finish and it brings back so many memories, so I'm pleased that we persevered and kept it up-to-date on our trip. We've also started to go through the photos (including most of the ones that we lost, which thankfully someone managed to salvage from our corrupted memory card). We've decided to order photo books, much neater than sticking prints into albums.

One thing is for certain, while this is the end of this blog, I feel that it is highly likely that we will undertake another trip in the future. Maybe not one of this scale, though that would be nice. We have had so many amazing experiences over the year, met some nice people and did stuff that we will talk about for the rest of our lives. It would be stupid not to do something similar again. If you are thinking about going on a round the world trip, don't hesitate, get it organised and do it. You will not regret it.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0634s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb