Farne Islands


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Northumberland » Farne Islands
October 1st 2006
Published: October 2nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

SealSealSeal

The seals were really cute, but they kept their distance.
This weekend I went to the The Farne Islands diving with my mum and a group of MCS divers.

We were diving with Farne Divers, and stayed in Beadnell (near Seahouses) in their accommodation. It was basic but good. Big cooked breakfasts supplied every morning.

The weather was good, and the diving was great. The sea was flat, the viz was great.

The dives were all scenic ones (glad I had a wreck fix last weekend!). We noted down what we saw and filled in seasearch forms for the dives.

The water was a bit colder than Newquay - 13'c BRRR but it is up north!

We had dinner at the local pub, which was good (not as expensive as the previous weekend!)

Strange couple of weeks - drove past Stonehenge at the beginning of the week and the Angel of the North at the end. Am now a bit worn out and am back to work on Tuesday.

We are going to The Netherlands next weekend for a family event. I am hardly at home at the moment.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

LobsterLobster
Lobster

Just sitting waiting to be picked up... If only this wasn't an MCS trip, and I was brave enough to cook them!
Pipe fishPipe fish
Pipe fish

Loads of these on the kelp, this one is on a dead man finger.
Seal in the kelpSeal in the kelp
Seal in the kelp

This seal was hiding in the kelp, chilling out. The sea was 13'c BRRRR
Sun starSun star
Sun star

Lots of star fish! This is a sun star... how many legs!
Jelly fishJelly fish
Jelly fish

I don't think they stung, but kept back just in case!


Tot: 0.287s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 19; qc: 100; dbt: 0.1047s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb